Verisign Payflow Link

Get help with nopcart's interaction with payment provider gateways like Authorize.net, Worldpay, etc.

Moderators: Koibito, Stefko, Randy

Verisign Payflow Link

Postby paurush » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:12 pm

Cannot figure out how to pass the total order price to verisign from checkout.html. Do I need another checkout.php to do this - any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am using the script provided by Verisign - the "amount" value is the problem

<form method="POST" action="https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm">
<input type="hidden" name="LOGIN" value="name">
<input type="hidden" name="PARTNER" value="verisign">
<input type="hidden" name="AMOUNT" value "What do I put here? ">
<input type="hidden" name="TYPE" value="S">
paurush

Verisign - help!

Postby ambie » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:20 pm

A friend chose to use verisign for her new site and then ran into problems setting it up, I'm trying to help out but not getting anywhere. I followed the directions in a previous post adding a vs elseif statement, however it still does not pass the Amount information. I've setup nopcart before with other processors and never had any problems... in fact its wonderful!

This is the only help I'm getting from Verisign....
"Note: Payflow Link enables your customers to process a single transaction
amount. Payflow Link does not calculate the transaction amount based on customer selections. To enable customers to order multiple items or quantities, you must develop a solution that calculates the total transaction amount based upon customer selections in your Web store. Your code must then pass the total transaction
amount to the Payflow Link server."
ambie

Payflow Link AMOUNT

Postby glolar » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:20 am

I don't use NOP yet, but I DO use VeriSign Payflow Link, with some homemade JavaScript that I found and modified off the web. Here is what I do to get the AMOUNT to work:

First, comment out the AMOUNT line, like this:

<!input type="hidden" name="AMOUNT" value="0.00">

Then right before calling the payflow cgi script, modify the form "amount" with some javaScript similar to this:

if (document.form1.STATE.value == "CA") {
document.form1.AMOUNT.value = grand_total
} else {
document.form1.AMOUNT.value = noTaxTotal
}

In my case, my form is named FORM1, and the grand_total variable holds the AMOUNT if the order is shipped to California (sales tax). The noTaxTotal variable holds the amount for non-CA orders. All you should have to do if you don't care about State Tax is to set the document.form1.AMOUNT.value. 8)
CDROM Man
glolar

Return to Help: Payment Gateways