email conflict?

Problems installing or using the NOP Design Free Shopping Cart that do not fit into one of the above categories.

Moderators: Koibito, Stefko, Randy

email conflict?

Postby lucysky » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 am

I have been using your shopping cart for almost a year and it had been working great. For the past few months I have not been getting my web orders. Upon checking into it , it seems that there is possibly a conflict with my email address. I went and changed my email address in the checkout and contact and it now works great with my new email address.
I would really like to go back to using my old email address if possible. Can any one tell me what could be wrong ? The address I was using was cplugnut@centuryte.net and the one I'm am using now is a goldieloowoodworks@gmail.com.
BTW, I have checked my spam settings, its nothing there. Thanks~
lucysky
WebMaster

Re: email conflict?

Postby Koibito » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:34 am

It could be caused by spam filters that your ISP (centuryte.net) has installed. Many ISPs filter spam on the incoming e-mail, and the shopping cart e-mails do not come from a known e-mail client, but from a script.
John
Koibito
Site Admin / Guru

Postby lucysky » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks John, I spoke with centurytel several times to have them check into that. They said they do not have it blocked.This is all new to me.
lucysky
WebMaster

Postby lesliekirk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I use a gmail account for the very reason that my ISP can't filter it. I'm struggling with not getting order emails after adding the First Data gateway to the nopcart.js
lesliekirk
WebMaster

Return to Help: Cart / General