Full CSS nopcart demo site

Looking for sites running NOP Cart to get ideas from? Have a site you'd like to show off -- and get some visitors to? Post it here!

Moderators: Koibito, Stefko, Randy

Full CSS nopcart demo site

Postby alberguer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi all,

I think nopcart have done a great contribution by releasing this free javascript code for a shopping cart. I wanted to contributea little and have redesign it with full css. Some additional changes:

no frames
    tables are formatted with css
    if not products in shopping cart, managecart.html does not show subtotal, total lines. Also, checkout button is not show if not products in shopping cart

Still working on it, but changes to the layout and presentacion can be easily done modifying the screen.css file.

Hope you all can use it...

Alberto
alberguer
WebMaster

Postby Koibito » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Alberto,

I am afraid you forgot to mention the URL.
John
Koibito
Site Admin / Guru

Here is the url

Postby alberguer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:25 pm

alberguer
WebMaster

Postby Koibito » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:31 pm

That's very nice! :-)

I tried to do something similar at kamya.com. Things are much easier to maitain without tables, it looks better, and it loads faster.
John
Koibito
Site Admin / Guru

even better

Postby alberguer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:43 pm

John, even better...it's amazing what you did with it and css
alberguer
WebMaster

Have added cart status

Postby alberguer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi John,

I've updated the css cart witha cart status at the right side, based on what you did in kamya.com, and have increase the width

http://mischunches.com/shoppingcart
alberguer
WebMaster

Postby Tom4us » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:58 am

Take a look at my cart too. @ http://www.afrodream.com Try and add something to it. I guess i'm trying my hand on css.

After adding an item try move the mouse pointer on the Pay by Credit , See the hand pointer, thats Css and not javascript.

css can be great and simple to learn, its great.
Tom4us
Guru

mix of old table layout and css

Postby alberguer » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:01 pm

The hands pointer could be a good add using css.But more important, you are still using table to layout your information. Try to use css to completely layout your information.

At first, it takes a little more time as you are changing the way you use to layout your conf, but later it will become easier....and also, you can change ALL your pages in a sec,just by changing the css code.

good start on css thought
alberguer
WebMaster

Re: Full CSS nopcart demo site

Postby alberguer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi, have uploaded the shoppicart again.. http://www.mischunches.com/shoppingcart/
alberguer
WebMaster

Re: Full CSS nopcart demo site

Postby graphics » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:14 pm

This is exactly what I'm working on n trying to do. Too bad the links don't work, would luv'd to have seen them. :( I'm using the newer HTML5, CSS3, and Flexbox for my layout. I've made it responsive so the site can be viewed via desktops, tables, and phones without having to create other mini sites for the smaller viewing screens. The "one size fits all" method.

While starting out on a new site for myself, I had the idea that I would create free responsive templates with graphics for the primitive style crafting community. When viewing other's sites to see what/how they were doing their shops, I found 98% were NOT responsive. These style templates most often have 3 column layouts using 3 different backgrounds. So after creating my layout I came back to Nop Design for my cart. Then I see the new cart v5 and the example site by Allwebco! I'll have to learn how to use it in the flexboxes for the 3 different backgrounds, but I think after I get past that I'll be set to go? It's great to know that others have used the new cart to incorporate it into different layouts! Just hoping I can work it out in mine. :D

Note: I last found/used NopCart with v4.3, just before the new v4.4 was released. With help of this forum I had customized it for my shop (with lots of modifications), plus 2 friend's shops. Each shop needed different mods added on. It worked great and we all loved it! Back at that time I had searched the web over and never found a free cart that even came close to NopCart. I'm totally convinced that it's the best - period! :wink:
graphics
WebMaster

Return to Post your site!