Draconious RC, Mini-Z Site Using NOP Cart

Looking for sites running NOP Cart to get ideas from? Have a site you'd like to show off -- and get some visitors to? Post it here!

Moderators: Koibito, Stefko, Randy

Draconious RC, Mini-Z Site Using NOP Cart

Postby Draconious » Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:09 pm

Well I changed it a little but I am using it...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/draconiou ... dates.html
So far there are only 2 pages that let you add items, the surplus parts and the special offers pages.

I used style sheets incase you are (like the few ppl that emailed me) wondering how I changed the colors of the buttons etc.. the are not in final colors but they are close for now... still need some changes.

I found its pretty easy to add options to the cart so long as you dont miss any palces ;). I have added Weight, and Page, variables to the prices and shipping etc.. this allows me to calculate shipping of an item via the weight total of the order... and the page variable allows me to let the NAME discription be a link back to the page the item was originaly added from.

Now that I dug around in the bowels of the code, I actualy like this cart...

(feel free to delete the other posts like this now that theres a place to post sites that use the cart).
Draconious

GREAT SITE

Postby rickwill » Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:51 pm

I really like the way your managecart calculates the total weight...seems easy enough.

But then your cart calculates the shipping based on the zipcode customer inputs...OUTSTANDING!

Is this information all in your nopcart.js file....or do you refer to a database spreadsheet with the zone and rate info on it?

I don't supppose you would be willing to share your modified nopcart.js file???

RICK

Currently, I use NOPCART on my customer's site is at: http://www.thechoiceconnection.com
and I am working on another site for myself. I haven't figured out the shipping yet. Right now I just have temporary shipping figures added...just to test out the cart. I would like to factor in the real rates based on weight of a combined order.
rickwill

Postby Draconious » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:14 pm

It was in my other .js files, I keep moving my functions around, newer is better right? ;) hehe... any way most of the cart related functions are now in the nopcart.js file anything I added completely new is at the bottom of the file, but in a way I sorta altered the entire thing -- and its messy, and a lot of its about to change to the point its not that easy to retro fit into another cart. But some of the shipping things can be copied,the problem is I sorta did the zip code thing the hard way,and never realy finished it... at this time it ONLY calculates the new zone rates from my Zip CODE (48317)... I need to allow the FROM zip to be changed inside the .js file... but that would require a totaly new zip code script.. and thus I have not yet done it. by doing it the hard way I mean I cut pasted all the zips and I have an IF statement for each one... and thats a LOT of zips ;). The usps.com site has a zip code script on it... or at least a page to determine what zone the other zip codes are compared to your zip... I guess the trick is to copy theirs, so the input zip is always a given variable.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/draconious/Mini-Z/JS contains my .js files... Products, nopcart, and StartPage contain all my important scripts relating to the cart/products additions, but like I said its REALY REALY messy code hehehe.... no one reading this should enter, or especialy not copy paste, with out knowing how to re-alter it back to a useable state on their site... I dont know maybe its not so messy ;).
Draconious

SHIPPING FEES RATES

Postby rickwill » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:51 pm

Thanks for letting me look at your code. I'm afraid I'm not quite there yet in code writing or pasting!

I thought of using your code for the postage rates and then I figured that all I would have to do is to type in replacement $ amounts using the list I got from USPS.com, since I am from a different zone and the $ values given on your page would be wrong from my location.

I got lost in the code...

I see the postal rates section, and could paste it in, but I'm not sure how to get the nopcart.js to show the weight and weighttotal on my checkout page. I know you need to add the weight statements and variables in the nopcart.js script and then add the weight values on each product...but am not sure how to do it correctly...I made several attempt that failed.

Will the nopcart.js script also put in the buttons for shipping choices and settings.. or is that done on the managecart or checkout page?

HELP!
RICK
rickwill

Postby Draconious » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:34 pm

All the shipping code and buttons etc, were my own script, they could be part of the shoppingcart .html file or where ever you want them to be... I only have one shopping cart file, I combined the manage cart and check out pages into one... no real need for two, pain in the butt to keep passing the values any way. I only use the cart cookie to remember the order while browsing, what it should be used for...

As for adding the shipipng variable to the cookie its not that hard, its a matter of adding another fields[x] but there is like 5 or 6 places to add it! along with having to alter the other things that read how many there are etc.. I dont totaly remember how much I changed to get it to work, but I could do it again if needed, I am about to actualy REDUCE the number of fields I have.. down to just QTY and MODEL CODE, my new database array is going to maintain the data after that.. I can hold more items in the cart this way (limit on cookie size).
Draconious

Return to Post your site!